- Josi's paper on latent profiles in antisocial offenders and their criminogenic and personality correlates has been published in Journal of Criminal Justice.
- Our meta-analyses indicating that mediation has limited prosocial effects has been published in Scientific Reports
- Anouk's paper on DTI and psychopathy scores in impulsive offenders has been accepted in Neuropsychology.
- Paper on the link between risk, ambiguity and psychopathy-related features has been accepted for publication in PAID.
- Josi published her first paper about pain experience, inflicting pain on others and psychopathic traits! See here
- Ivana's first (review) article on the link between stress, mindfulness-based interventions (e.g., yoga, Tai Chi, medidation) and changes in gene expression has been published in Frontiers in Immunology. The article has received a massive amount of attention from the media (see Altmetric overview and score here).
- Paper showing that psychopathy is related to inaccurate representations during threat conditioning has been accepted in Biological Psychiatry: CNNI.
- Paper on the relationship between parental rejection, aggression and cognitive distortions has been accepted in Psychology of Violence.
- Paper highlighting the potential significance of neuroscience for the treatment of psychopathy has been published in Neuropraxis (Dutch).
- Inti received the honor of being appointed as a Honorary Research Fellow at Conventry University in the UK.
- Paper with the MoD lab focusing on differentiating patterns of substance misuse by subtypes of antisocial traits in male offenders has been accepted for publication. Check it here.
- Inti has been appointed as Guest Professor at Antwerp University.
- Review on classification and treatment of antisocial personality and psychopathy accepted in NBR. In this paper we propose a novel approach to classification that is based on biological and cognitive delineators instead of traditional clinical and personality instruments. Article available here.
- I have been nominated for the New Scientist Award. Please click here to vote and give me your support. Voting can be done until 8 September 2016
- Our paper on transfer of affective value to guide instrumental behaviour in psychopathy has been accepted in Journal of Abnormal Psychology.
- Our commentary in Behaviour and Brain Sciences suggesting the reduction of cognitive uncertainty as one reason for the emergence of Big Gods and prosocial behavior is now available online
- Our paper on personality factors that predict ward climate in high security forensic settings got accepted.
- I was awarded the prestigious Dutch Caribbean Science Pearl award. Getting this type of recognition from those sharing your roots certainly feels special.
- I am having a fantastic weekend. Our review and meta-analyses showing that psychopaths DO seem to experience the emotion fear normally once fear and threat processing are untangled has been accepted in Psychological Bulletin.
- I obtained a VENI grant from the NWO!! In my project I will employ computational models to uncover how antisocial and psychopathic offenders learn to make reinforcement-based choices.
- Our paper on feedback processing during joint actions has been accepted in Biological Psychology.
- Paper providing Preliminary evidence that yoga practice progressively improves mood and decreases stress in a sample of UK prisoners has been accepted in eCAM.
- Overview paper on error-monitoring in psychopathy was accepted in Tijdschrift voor Neuropsychologie (Dutch)
- Paper on executive functions and their relationship to different measures of psychopathy was accepted in Personality Disorders: Theory, Research and Treatment.
- We were awarded a feasibility grant! Now on to do some innovative things with Drs. Kessels, Mars and Cima.
- Our commentary on applying the free-energy principle to understand belief in the supernatural and prosocial behaviour has been accepted for publication in Behavioral and Brain Sciences.
- Our paper on trait interactions and cognitive processing styles has been chosen as the article of the month by the Society for the Scientific Study of Psychopathy
- I was asked to be the scientific adviser for an article in the national newspaper Trouw. Click here to read it.
- Our paper on psychopathy-related personality dimensions and the extent to which affective information is distracting has been accepted in PAID.
- I am now also the owner of the Dissertation award from the Dutch Society for Neuropsychology (NVN). November has started out great.
- I am now the proud owner of a Teaching Excellence award.
- Our manuscript on the electrophysiological correlates of embodied language has been published.
- Our paper on psychopathy-related traits and use of information was selected as paper of the month by the Society for the Scientific Study of Psychopathy
- My manuscript about a study in which we used computational modelling to quantify how much reward and social information people use during associative learning has been accepted for publication.
- The Antilliaans Dagblad made a nice center spread about the work included in my thesis. See Popular Media
- I was interviewed by DJ Maarten Schakel on Dolfijn FM
- The news reached the island news outlets; article in Amigoe, blurb in Extra
- I walked into the Aula with a common MSc degree, I walked out with one of those rare PhD diplomas that include the term 'Cum Laude'. Curious? Click here, here and here
- I am now a qualified university teacher! :)